How to make gray box on slider with some transparency?

Download Awesome Free and Premium WordPress Themes Forums Cheery Pro How to make gray box on slider with some transparency?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Shark Themes 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

myblueh@gmail.com
    Participant

Hi, I recently purchased the Cheery Pro theme. I really like how the sample slider has photos with the text appearing on a translucent gray box (meaning you can see the photo behind the box). In my settings, I can choose a color for the boxes, but I don’t see how to make them with a percentage of transparency. How can I do this? Thanks for your help!

myblueh@gmail.com
    Participant

Hello, I would still like to know how to make the slider gray box with some percentage of transparency, like what is shown on the sales page example. Thank you.

Shark Themes
    Keymaster

Hello @myblueh@gmail.com

Thank you for using Cheery Pro. To adjust slider box transparency, please go to custiomizer-> additional css and paste the following code.

.custom-header-content .overlay { opacity: 0.7; } // note: you can use the value from 0 to 1

Regards
    Shark Themes

myblueh@gmail.com
    Participant

Thanks for the reply!! I pasted the following into the Additional CSS section as you said, but it didn’t work.

.custom-header-content .overlay { opacity: 0.7; }

For example, 0.1 made the box lighter in shade, and 0.9 made it darker, but the code did NOT make it translucent, so one can see the image behind the box like in the Cheery Pro Demo. I am not a programmer, so I have no idea what else to try.

I would appreciate any help!! Thanks and have a great day!!

Shark Themes
    Keymaster

Hello @myblue@gmail.com

If you want the text background translucent as shown in demo site, then you can remove the code from customizer-> additional css and leave it as it is. The translucent background for text in banner is by default.

Regards
    Shark Themes

myblueh@gmail.com
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I just removed the css, but it is still not translucent like the demo. The free Cheery version wasn’t translucent either. So maybe there is a simple error in the coding/html of the theme? Could someone check on it please?

The text box covers a lot of the photo, which is fine if it is translucent, but it looks weird when the box is a solid color, blocking so much of the photo. Thank you for your ongoing help!

Shark Themes
    Keymaster

Hello @myblueh@gmail.com

Can you provide us your website link please.

Regards
    Shark Themes

myblueh@gmail.com
    Participant

myblueh@gmail.com
    Participant

I played with it some more, even went back to default colors, but nothing changed. For example, if I pick a light pink color for theme color, the color block at the very top and the slider text boxes change color, but the text box is a darker color, and when you hover over it with the mouse, the text box turns black. It’s like the black color is making the text box darker, not lighter as would be expected if it was translucent. I left it like that so you can see it at lisagoodell.com. The other idea I had was to switch to a different theme, and then come back to this one. But wouldn’t I lose all my customizations? So I’m not sure what else to do except ask for a refund since this hasn’t been resolved in 17 days? (I haven’t officially launched my blog because I’m waiting to get this resolved). Thank you, Lisa

Shark Themes
    Keymaster

Hello myblueh@gmail.com

We apologize for the inconvenience. We have updated the theme and will be released soon as possible. By the time to solve your problem go to customizer-> additional css and paste the following code.

.custom-header-content { background: none; }

Regards
    Shark Themes

myblueh@gmail.com
    Participant

Thank you for fixing this issue!!! I tried it, and it worked. It looks SOOOO much better with the translucent text boxes on the slider. I do not need a refund anymore. Thank you, Lisa

Shark Themes
    Keymaster

Hello Lisa

Thank you for appreciating our Cheery Pro.

Regards
    Shark Themes

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.