Keep Primary Menu in One Line

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Shark Themes 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

goepne01
    Participant

Hello,

I have an issue that I have been trying to solve, but so far have not found a solution to, even after playing with different parameters in the CSS Editor of the theme:

I have a total of nine items that I would like to use for the Primary Menu. However, with this number of items, the items at the end automatically drop down to a second line. Ideally, I would like to disable this “automatic” drop-down to the second line and keep all the items in one line for the menu, without having to compromise the number of items in the menu.

Is there a way (with a CSS code, or with a plugin that works well with this theme) to make sure that the primary uses the full width of the page to stay in one line instead of dropping down to make a second menu line?

I would very much appreciate advice on this topic.

Best,
    Alicia

Shark Themes
    Keymaster

Hello Alicia

You can try this code in additional css. Hope this will work for you.

.main-navigation {
    float: left;
    max-width: 100%;
    clear: both;
    }

Regards
    Shark Themes

goepne01
    Participant

Hello, thank you very much for the quick response and suggestion. Unfortunately, it has not yet worked completely, there are still two items that are “two long” for the entire line. (Here is the website in question: http://wordpress.ifis.uni-passau.de/)

Is there maybe another way to adjust this, or add something to the code you have provided me with?

Thank you!
    Alicia

Shark Themes
    Keymaster

Hello Alicia

We couldn’t open your link, probably it’s in development phase. It says server could not be found.
    Regarding your issue if the menu is too long you will have to adjust it by making some of the menu items as sub menu items.

Regards
    Shark Themes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.